Baptism is the first sacrament celebrated in the process of becoming a full member of the Church community. It is the first of the three Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
Our Baptism times for infants and young children are celebrated during our Masses.
NOTE: As of July 1, 2023 the following guidelines will take effect:
- Baptims in English take place 3rd Saturday of each month at 11:30 AM OR on Sundays after the 1:00 PM Mass.
- During the Easter Season (Second Sunday of Easter to Pentecost), communal Baptisms will take place on the 3rd Saturday of each month at 11:30 AM.
- Baptisms in Spanish will continue to take place on the 3rd Saturday of every month at 10:00 AM
Baptism for Children 6 years old or younger
- Parent(s) requesting the baptism of a child 6 years old or under are expected to be registered and active parishioners of St. Andrew Catholic Church for at least 6 months. If the parents are not registered at this parish, they need a letter from their pastor giving them permission to baptize at St. Andrew.
- Parent(s) must attend a baptism preparation class either here or at another Roman Catholic Church before scheduling the baptism. NOTE: If you have attended the class (either here or at another Roman Catholic Church) within the last three years, you do not need to attend this class again.
- Each child to be baptized must have at least one sponsor, and not more than two. In the case of two sponsors, if they are married, they must be validly married in the eyes of the Church (in a marriage presided over by a priest or deacon, or blessed (Convalidation) by a priest.)
- At least one of the child’s sponsors must:
- be fully initiated in the Catholic faith, having themselves received the Sacrament of Confirmation
- be active in their local parish (must supply a letter of good standing from their parish)
- be 16 years of age or older.
About the Baptism Class
Parents need to register in advance for the baptism class by contacting the front desk at 770-641-9720 ext 222.
The Baptism class is held every third Sunday of the month at 11:15 AM in the small conference room on the second floor of building B. There is no child care available.
At the end of the class, parents will receive a baptism certification. This class is free.
Notes for Parents on the day of Baptism
- Please arrive 20 minutes before Mass begins and introduce yourself to the priest (After July 1, Baptism will occur after the 1 PM Mass ONLY)
- The first 2 pews to the right will be reserved for the family (after July 1, there will not be a need to reserve pews)
- Flash photography is not allowed.
- Please consider a stipend for the priest.
- The responsibility assumed by a godparent is not one to be taken lightly, and parents are encouraged to choose carefully.
Baptism for Children 7 years and older
Children 7 years and older need to enroll in our Faith Formation classes for 2 years. For more information on our Faith Formation program click here
Baptism for Adults
Non-Catholics who wish to learn more about the Catholic Church and receive the Sacraments of Initiation are invited to participate in the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) process. Click here
to learn more about this program.